Saturday, June 5, 2010

What did you call me?!

Dean of 'Tori and Dean' makes a habit of calling Tori Spelling- Momma.
She seems to like it and she answers to it!
My husband calls me Mummy sometimes.
It drives me nutty.
Sometimes I answer to it ....
But most times it is as if he didn't speak.

In all fairness he started calling me Mummy when the children started calling me Daddy. It was a form of reinforcement to the children that I was Mummy and not Daddy.
Yes I was Daddy to my older children for the first two to three years of their life LOL.
And it stuck in his mind.
But every time he calls me that I always have to bite my tongue because I want to tell him that "I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER!!!"

I wonder if other woman have that issue. Hmmm
I am sure! There are so many men that call their wives Mother, Mummy, Momma that there must be one or two that just answers because it is their name after all.

So the question for this would be:
Would you still love me if I call you Mummy?
Would you still love me if I call you Daddy?
What nicknames are acceptable?

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your opinion please leave a comment