Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Royal Wedding






Like most of the world I woke up early last Friday
(ok I was rudely awakened by my mother-in-law and my sister LOL geez it was 4am in the morning and I needed my sleep!!!)
Anyway I figured seeing that I 'was' at Diana's wedding as my sister reminded me with tissue on hand... it was only fitting that I attended her son's wedding
and I was not disappointed.
and as I watched the ceremony for the fifth time later in the day I couldn't help the sniffles
because weddings are magical
and this Royal wedding was no different.
The fairytale aspect of the girl winning her Prince was super sweet as well.
What girl hasn't dreamt of her Prince riding in from the sunrise and claiming her!

My favourite part of the whole ceremony was when he looked at her with a sweet smile and told her she looked beautiful... swoon!

But as beautiful as the dress was,
as dashing and princely he looked,
as fabulous as the ceremony was
I just couldn't help being bugged out about him not participating fully in the ring exchange.

Why couldn't he simply go through the ring blessing and just opt not to wear the ring.
On thinking of it I know that yes it would cause a media frenzy if he was ever spotted out without his ring.
Yet still
it cheapened the whole ceremony to me.... it seemed as if Catherine (love that she is no longer Kate LOL) was the only one getting married!
hmmmm
Which lead me thinking about women who do not change their name when married... it is pretty much the same thing isn't it?

What do you think, is it ok that Prince William refused to wear a ring?
Would you ever accept that from your significant other?
What about the whole woman keeping their name thing? How do you feel about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your opinion please leave a comment