Thursday, November 12, 2020

20 questions

 Well look at this I haven't been here in 2 years!! GASP! 

2 whole years.

HI - Hi guys | Facebook

But it's been a hell of a two years. My mother died last year, February 4th 2019 to be exact, and I would say the last thing I was thinking was to write anything not even her eulogy which I had no choice but to do. I literally shut down mentally. I don't think anyone knew because I still smiled and fed children and got them to school and back, but I drowned myself in all things Netflix specifically Asian romance/comedy/dramas I am partial to Korean and Chinese.Yeah don't ask because I wouldn't be able to explain it either.

And of course this year has presented it own special set of challenges thanks to Miss Corona infecting anyone within coughing or laughing distance. I was always a homebody well now it's even more ingrained in me. The thought of wearing a mask and bustling around with people who may possibly be contagious and dont know it scares me so I rather stay home and wash everything that comes in with soap. Sigh.

Anyways, I am slowly getting back a desire to share my thoughts on things

So I have been reading a lot of romcoms yes I went from binge watching to binge reading. Send help LOL! And in a few of them I noticed as a form of getting to know each other/ icebreaker a lot of them do like a 20 questions date. And it made me think this morning that this is a format that could work for married couples as well even ones married for 21 years or more. Yes, the hubbie and I celebrated 21 years this year! 

Simple questions like:-

What is your favourite colour? Has it changed?

What is your favourite foods now?

What should we put in a will?

Do you think we would take up travelling when the children have move out?

Do you still like travelling?

What is that one place you want to visit that you haven't?

Seascape or mountainscape?

Do you want to go larger or smaller? Homes that is.

Red wine or white wine?

What song should we play at your funeral? 

Do you want a funeral?

Are you okay being placed in a home if you got dementia?

Are still thinking of divorce because of vicks?

Dogs or cats?

The reason for the 20 questions?

Because over time people change.  

My favourite colour as a teenager and young adult was purple no ifs, no buts but now it leans more to orange and gold and pink. Just saying.

Asking the silly questions can lead to the really hard questions about life that you as a couple may be avoiding. Having dealt with three parents dying in the last 7 years with both my parents in the last 3 it has become apparent that the hard questions will happen whether you want them or not. So it helps to be prepared. 

Especially when gifting your wife of 21 years a beautiful bottle of red wine for her 50th birthday when she is not a big wine drinker and if she is drinking it has to be white LOL.


Yes 50 happened this year as well. 

Have a good one friends




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your opinion please leave a comment